French Frdays with Dorie

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Dulce de Leche Duos


Yum. I contemplated ending my post at Yum, but that is just not like me - way too concise. On target, but too concise.


I am very VERY fond of dulce de leche. I purchased some from Amazon several months ago and I have made it by boiling the can of condensed milk as well. I am not sure which I prefer - they were both thick and luscious.


I was quite concerned that my cookies would not be round enough to sandwich, but in fact they turned out quite nicely. I used a regular spoon to scoop mine and some of them were on the large side. I think I ended up with just under 60. My cookies turned out very thin and somewhat dark - I like a well-done cookie so that works for me.


I used the remainder of my jar of dulce de leche to fill most of the cookies, but I ran out of leche before I ran out of cookies. I filled the remainder with Nutella. I actually wasn't crazy about that combination. I found it difficult to spread a very thin layer of Nutella and I think it overpowered the caramel taste of the cookies themselves.


I adored the scent of this dough before I formed the cookies and found that baking the cookies a tad more enhanced this flavor.


Excellent choice for this week by Jodie. She has posted the recipe here and of course you can also find it in the book!

2 comments:

TeaLady said...

Yes, these were quite tasty. No matter what shape they began in, they turned into perfect little discs.

They look delicious. Glad now I didn't try the Nutella.

Course-works.com writing company said...

I think subsequently, other brands began to manufacture similar candies, giving them names such as "Vauquita" and "Vaquerita" in an effort to link their products to the original.