French Frdays with Dorie

Sunday, March 6, 2011

FFwD: Savory Cheese and Chive Bread


Another excellent selection from the new book.  This quick bread has a bit of an Irish soda bread flavor.  It comes together in mere minutes and has a really nice flavor both immediately after baking and a day or so later.

I used two kinds of cheddar cheese for this one.  I used an extremely sharp white as the grated cheese and a yellow cheddar for the chunks.  A few chopped chives and voila - festive bread. 

I actually found that I prefer the center pieces of this bread to the heel of the loaf.  Usually I am like a dog with a bone over the heel, so this did surprise me.  I found the heel to be a bit crumbly.  Still tasty, but the texture was strange to me.

I am eager to try this bread with a new variety of cheeses and some different spices.

No comments: