French Frdays with Dorie

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

TwD: Cardamom Crumb Cake (12/21/10)

I was late making the cardamom crumb cake.  I caught up with the little devil a few weeks ago.  I was pre-destined to like this.  I love coffeecake type desserts, I love struesel toppings and I think cardamom was invented by the gods and then delivered to earth.

And, all of the above is still true, however, I did find the flavor of this cake to be a tad more subtle than this (hammer wielding) spice nut prefers.  I think perhaps my cardamom had some age on it, so I have it on my Penzey's list and will pick some  up next time I am there.

I will then redo the cake and see if is as wonderful as I expect it to be.

The recipe was chosen by Jill and is posted on her blog, appropriately named: Jill's Blog.

No comments: