French Frdays with Dorie

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

FFwD: Garlicky crumb-coated broccoli

I love the diversity of recipes in this cookbook.  One week it is something extraordinarily challenging and the next week, it is something as simple as steaming broccoli.  And, it makes no difference if the recipe is complicated or simple - the food is excellent.

Apparently I did not trim my stalks into small enough sections because it did take an extended time period for my broccoli to tenderize.  I could have used a touch more butter or a skosh fewer breadcrumbs, but in general, I thought this combination was interesting and tasty.

I am probably the most boring vegetable cooker on the planet, so anytime someone points me towards an easy way to add flavor to my veggies, I am grateful.

I paired this with the recipe for April 29 and will post those photos on that date.  Be forewarned - broccoli and bifstek are a great combination!

No comments: