French Frdays with Dorie

Saturday, May 28, 2011

TWD: Maple Cornmeal Drop Biscuits (5/17/2011)

I fully expected not to enjoy these biscuits.  I really don't care for the flavor of maple, but either Dorrie has finally made a convert of me or the maple syrup I last purchased was not of superior flavor or the flavor just wasn't pronounced in these little gems.  Either way, I quite liked these.  I already knew that I love the bite that cornmeal imparts to things like biscuits and biscotti so that was a done deal the maple surprise was an added bonus.

Additionally, I am quite the lazy cook, so I liked not needing to take the time to roll, cut and shape this dough.  A quick scoop and plop onto the baking sheet and my biscuits were ready for their appearance in the oven.  They looked quite nice - very uniform - I love scoop baking.  I have several sizes for (hopefully) any and all occasions.  I used my medium scoop on these, I believe.  I got twelve as I recall.

This recipe was chosen for us by Lindsey of A little something . . . sweet and she posted the recipe there, check it out.

No comments: